What seems like ages ago was really only about a 16 months. I wrote a post on titled the importance of giving back. I had no idea at that time that it would be the single most popular post on this blog (as of now). In retrospect, the title was a bit misleading, because I started the post with ten things that were going well in my life, and then tried to tie the post back to the title. Often, I start a post with one idea in mind and then the mind wanders. At any rate, I thought it might be good to give an update. So here are ten things that are currently going well in my life:
- Everyone is healthy in the family.
- Mr. Grey is growing up quickly. He isn’t even two years old, but it sure feels like it when I look at him and when he talks. (complete sentences!)
- Mrs. TKD has been home with Mr. Grey now for over a year and they are getting on well with that arrangement. I know that it is trying at times for her, but it is working.
- While there has been a lot of turmoil at work, I’m still employed and actually enjoying some of the work that I’ve got on my plate.
- We are secure financially.
- I’ve had some free time to go biking and to garden over the past six months.
- I’ve lost some weight, and believe I’m on track to lose some more.
- Our families continue to be strong and supportive.
- We are lucky enough to live where we want to live.
- We have a close circle of friends who enrich our lives.
What more could I want?